Practically Shooting

Prototype Takedown AK from U.S. Palm

BarryinIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO5pDw_Tv_c&feature=youtu.be

It's a prototype without a planned manufacturer as of yet, and it's planned to sell for $1800.

It looks handy, and clever, but for $1800 I can get a really nice AR (or two) that takes down by two push pins. Or for that matter, there are a few models of takedown Winchesters that could be had for that.

That is pretty neat. I like those takedown leverguns like WWG's Co-Pilot. David Clay makes a really slick one on Marlins that's a quarter turn deal like the Browning .22 auto and some other old ones.

I guess I like takedowns period. There are guns that I wouldn't have given a second glance but when I saw the word "takedown" on the tag, I had to stop and look. I haven't bought anything just because it was a TD, but it's surely influenced purchases.

As I think more about the US Palm takedown AK, a couple of things come to mind that make me think the price might be less. But not by that much. First, it's a prototype from a place that makes some nice accessories but no guns. Maybe a gun maker has a cheaper way. Another thing is that US Palm stuff isn't cheap and they probably priced it to their standards.

So maybe, just maybe, the price will be less than they think.

Like $1750.