Practically Shooting

XGrip grip extension

wwillson

I've never used them and can offer you nothing there.

However...

Before you buy, can I ask and suggest something?

Have you tried comparison shooting with and without any extended grip? Here is why I ask: When we press the trigger, we have a tendency to subconciously squeeze with all of our shooting hand fingers. We probably all do this each time, even if it's not enough to matter. When it's done with the bottom two fingers, and hard enough, it can pull shots. When people start getting shots going low and left (RH shooter) that is usually why. This seems more pronounced with some guns than others. Glocks seem extra sensitive to this (not picking on them) and I wonder if it's the grip angle. Anyway, it happens with other guns and shooters, so it's possible that a grip extension could exacerbate this.

I would try to test this out with your M&P by using a long mag and wrapping foam tape or similar around the mag to make sure your hand contacts it well and then shoot it with and without the mag. I'd even do one mag like that and shoot for a while as if nothing was different, alternating magazines. If the point of impact changes according to the mag used, you will know.

I'd want to know before buying them, and it wouldn't take much to test it out.

I am convinced to this day it is why I could shoot medium size Glocks better than full size.

The instructor who showed me this will see someone start hooking shots who wasn't earlier, and he will have them take the bottom two fingers off by letting them dangle- and the shots go right back to center. Pretty neat to see how little it takes to "steer" them out.

Barry,

You are absolutely correct about full hand squeeze pulling the shot low and left. I used to have problems with this until really learning how to squeeze the trigger for bulls-eye style pistol shooting.

Look at this target of mine I shot about a year and a half ago. This was a rather expensive revolver with HOT loads, so I was squeezing extra hard. I didn't want any chance that I would drop the revolver, which is pretty darn rare, but nonetheless. You can see the results of squeezing..

http://www.practicallyshooting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2351#Post2351

Wayne