Practically Shooting

Silly Mini 14 Question

Pablo

Yeah, but watch those hi-caps. They are either Ruger brand and good quality but a bit high, or off-brand of varying quality. At least the Ruger brand mags are a lot easier to find than they were. Still not cheap compared to $14 AR P-Mags though.

You pay somewhere along the way, whether for the rifle at first or for mags later.

A buddy who is a fan of both ARs and Minis (but Minis are his first love) likes to point out his Minis and how he bought this one for $310, another for $280, etc.

I like to remind him of when he saw me buy a plastic grocery bag full of M16 mags a couple years ago for the same price he gave for one factory 20-Rd Mini mag in 1984, or the time at a gun show when I found 20-Rd AR mags at 3/$1.00.

It all evens out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I shot the bad boy the first time. Not sure why, but I was amazingly accurate with this supposedly inaccurate rifle. Wow did I ever go through a lot of ammo and the barrel did get hot.....I heat cycled it a few times.

I must say this rifle is just a ton of fun and it shot flawlessly with any type of ammo, from cheap steel 5.56 to precision brass .223. The rifle as essentially zero recoil.