Practically Shooting

Hickok45 shoots the 500 S&W

G-MAN

I have no desire for a 500 S&W. A Ruger Bisley 45 Colt or 44 Mag might be nice, and there are some nice Casulls out there, but that is the limit and beyond for me.

I've never kept a .44 Mag revolver long, and haven't had any for a while. I wouldn't mind a S&W Scandium 329 though. It would serve as a 44 Spl for me.

Strangely, while I generally don't care much for pistol caliber carbines, I've had a couple of 44 Mag rifles and liked them a lot. I have a Ruger 77/44 now that I shoot a lot. Go figure.

Now a 500 S&W in a rifle- That I've thought about. I've looked at an empty 500 S&W case at the gun shop with a gleam in my eye. A lever action or a smaller bolt action might be neat. I have an old Small Ring Mauser action that I look at from time to time and picture in 500 (or 35 Remington).

Some yaywho was firing one at the range last month. A little warning would have been nice. I was bending down at the gear bench and ducked and pooped at the same time.

I'm not sure how Hickok45 gets any footing standing on all those casings. Good lord.