Practically Shooting

Leupold 4.5-14 Mark 4 review.

Moe

I bought this scope for my Remington 700 300 RUM. Finally got a chance to try it Sunday with a little range time doing load developement. Very impressed with it. It has a 30mm maintube, side focus and a 40mm objective. It also has target turrets that use covers. Mounted it with Mark 4 2 piece bases and rings.

Adjustments were repeatable and eye relief was generous, which is good for this gun. Optical clarity is excellent.

I looked high and low for a better price on Leupold scopes and found Bruno's Shooting Supply to be the best price I could find.

Sounds good. I've never had a side focus scope but it looks like it would be nice to have on some rifles.

I like Leupold. I've had slightly better scopes (only two) but they cost a lot more money to be slightly better, and I've had a few worse that cost the same or not enough less that Leupold to be worth getting instead.

Bruno's is one of my secret sources because they often have things others can't keep in stock. I haven't bought much there, but should, just out of gratitude for bailing me out before when I ran out of something. I dont know of many who shop there, and I never could understand why more didn't.

After sighting it in, the scope holds zero perfectly. I was working up a load with 180gr Accubonds and RL 25 and the accuracy was very good, with 5 shots into an 1/2 inch! This is pretty amazing with a hunting bullet @ 3365fps. The VIAS muzzle brake helps a lot with the accuracy, bringing recoil down to a tolerable level from the bench.