Practically Shooting

Bought a Bushmaster Predator AR15

wwillson

All,

I have been looking for a backup gun to take prairie dog shooting and something a bit lighter than my Bushmaster Varminter to hunt Yotes with. I had enough $$ on my company incentive card for another AR, so I pulled the trigger...

The Bushmaster Predator has a 20" fluted barrel with a 1 in 8" twist, but otherwise if very similar to the Varminter.

I'm hoping the 55g varmint nightmare loads I shoot in the 24" 1 in 9" Varminter will tolerate the 1 in 8" twist rate of the Predator. It sure would be nice to be able to just shoot the same loads. It will be nice to be able to stabilize up to 75g bullets in the faster twist rate of the predator.

Wayne

I really like Lepould scopes for this one reason , My dad bought a 300 weatherby in 1961 "I went with him I really hate the rifle though" and it had a Lepould scope on it . In 1995 I took the rifle out to shoot it and found the coating on the lens coating peeling, I called lepould and told them the story and that I had no proof of purchase etc. The Lepould rep.said to ship it in the scope has a lifetime warranty and there was a 2 week turn around time.

I really like Lepould scopes for this one reason , My dad bought a 300 weatherby in 1961 "I went with him I really hate the rifle though" and it had a Lepould scope on it . In 1995 I took the rifle out to shoot it and found the coating on the lens coating peeling, I called lepould and told them the story and that I had no proof of purchase etc. The Lepould rep.said to ship it in the scope has a lifetime warranty and there was a 2 week turn around time.

Steve,

That certainly is a warm and fuzzy story for Leupold's willingness to back their products. I wonder if other scope makers have such a warranty?

Wayne