Practically Shooting

Ear Protection

Pablo

I bought these bad boys:

http://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-MAX-Profile-Electronic-Muffs/dp/B001B8ONZI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I tested them first in the house slapping two shoes together as hard as I could. (Try it - find the loudest pair!! Not now - people are still sleeping grin) Then I went in the shop and made some real noise. I must say - I'm pressed. Plus with the volume up, I can hear my dog fert in the other room.

I will add to this thread as I add real use. Since the NRR is only rated at 23, I plan on using plugs as well for my low cost hearing protection plan when I'm indoors.

I find that I absolutely MUST use both ear muffs and plugs for ear protection at the range (26 NRR + 33 NRR). Even though the combination only adds about 3 to 6 decibels of effective extra protection it is very well worth it.

As for the ear plugs, I bought two boxes of Howard Leight MAX-1 ear plugs which are very inexpensive and highly effective.