Practically Shooting
Sign in to follow this  
wwillson

M&P .22 pistol - just announced at the SHOT show

It does sound pretty neat. Bud's Gun Shop had it on their web "catalog" a couple of weeks ago as a placeholder, but it gave no info, like if it would be full-size or scaled down like the Sig Mosquito. (BTW, Bud's price was $364, which isn't too bad) http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/72002

Reports from SHOT say it's the same size as the centerfires. I assume that means the 9mm/.40 size and not the .45 like mine (although it's only slightly larger).

I am glad it has the safety lever because mine has one. I had the choice but went with it because after using 1911s and HiPowers, my thumb wandered around looking for a place to sit when I handled the one without it.

I bet some will complain though, because their centerfire doesn't have the thumb safety.

Edit:

Oh yeah, it is supposedly a joint venture between S&W and Umarex (Walther). This has caused some to wonder if the slide will be of zinc or whatever material the Walther P-22s use, which has had some problems.

I still want one, but I would like to know the answer to that before getting one.