Practically Shooting

Bought a Dillon 550b & more today

A shooting buddy of mine call me today and said he had decided to get out of reloading. It's a bit confusing to me because he just got into it less than a year ago. He is selling me everything for a smoking hot deal.

Includes:

Dillon 550b w/extras

SP, LP, SR, & LR primers (several thousand)

4 different powders (7 lbs)

45, 40, 9mm, & .308 cal bullets (several thousand)

RCBS case trimmer

bullet puller

electronic powder scale

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with the 550b press, since I already have a Hornady LNL AP.

Wayne

Hmmm... that IS strange, less than a year and bagging the hobby. It's only been a little over a year for me, though, so maybe I shouldn't talk laugh Actually, I thoroughly enjoy reloading in the wintertime- didn't do any at all during spring/summer of 2010, though...

Glad to hear you got a great deal on the 550B! If I ever turn blue it will be a Super 1050 for me...

• 3 weeks later...

I love my Dillon 550. I have three presses on the bench and don't use it for everything, but use it a lot.

I got mine when I was in Phoenix for some work-related training in 1992. I went to Dillon's place to see about buying some dies. They had the three presses they made at the time (SDB, 550 and 650 which had just come out) setup on a bench to play with. When I left, a 550 was being sent to my house and I had forgot all about the dies.

I know everyone has a Dillon story, but here's mine:

After a couple of moves, I lost a couple of small parts. I call Dillon up to buy more. As we complete the order, the call goes something like this:

Dillon guy: You said you broke these, right?

Me: No, I lost them.

Dillon guy: You said you broke these, right?

Me: No, I lost them.

Dillon guy: I said, you said you broke these, right?

Me: No, I...Oh, OK.

And they were sent for free.

About a year ago, the casting on the bottom of the powder measure cracked and broke. No wonder, since it's on and off all the time, and often propped in a corner in the floor out of the way and getting kicked and bumped around. I only needed a small part of it, but that would require stripping some small parts and transferring them over. So they sent the entire assembly even though it cost them about twice as much. Pretty nice.

The press and every accessory that came with it was sold to a member of the local club here in town. I only have some .308 brass, dies, etc. left, but have no use for them.

Wayne

Ouch - I would have bought it in a heart beat. Oh well!! It's in good hands I'm sure.

• 5 months later...

The press and every accessory that came with it was sold to a member of the local club here in town. I only have some .308 brass, dies, etc. left, but have no use for them.

Wayne

I know I'm digging up an old thread but ifya still have the .308 Brass and such please LMK..

Thanks, MIKE

I imagine not.. I shoot a LOT of .308 and even though my stash is pretty well padded I always seem to "WANT" MORE.. winkcheers2

"Want" is the operative term. I have five gallon buckets of pistol brass, but can't walk past brass on the floor or ground. I think there is a certain sickness that comes with the shooting sports!

Wayne

• 4 weeks later...