Practically Shooting

Small Rifle Primers - availability in your area?

wwillson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here I still can not find most primers. Lucky to find large pistol ones for $34 a brick.

Everything else is still MIA

I have not seen a small rifle primer in stock here for over a year now. Last time I did see them (June 2008) they were $19 a brick.

Wonder if prices will ever go back to pre-Obama levels?

Nope. Cost to do business has increased and with the clown and his idiots making stupid rules (laws require congress) the cost to produce, inventory and such will make us WISH for $34 per thousand primers.

Glad I stocked up when they were $9 a brick. But someday I'll run out...

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

The shop where I found these primers is new, huge, and has the most beautiful indoor range I have ever seen. Too bad the prices are staggeringly high, most shooters I know around here won't even go into the place because it's so over-priced.

On the other hand, the place I went is a little shop (they do quite a bit of gun sales) that has a range under the store. Its not the prettiest...

I understand they have to pay for new stuff but when prices are already high thanks to the salesman of the year and add in a less than stellar economy... It will be tough.

• 4 weeks later...