Practically Shooting

Now my Mini-14 looks like it should...

G-MAN

Even though I concede the rationale behind it, I've never liked the stock handguard that covers the exposed section of the operating rod. I decided to try the Choate ventilated hanguard and I'm very pleased. Now my Mini-14 looks like it should, with all the Garand action out there for everyone to see. laugh

Want to get down to Bald Knob AR (only about an hours drive) to Choate's business location to see if I can get a hands on look at their varmit or tatical stock (best I can tell by their website the only difference is the color) for Savage left hand 110 bolt action rifles.

Also, Bald Knob is home of one of the finest Cajun restrants north of Louisiana's Bayou Country! "Who Dat's"

Bob

ATI has a nice stock (got mine right through Ruger when they had an online sale). Mine is the folding/telescoping model. It fits both the Mini-14 and Mini-30 (although a small amount of modifying is needed for the flared mag well of the mini-30). I put mine on my -30.

I like the look of what you have now. But since this is your WTSHTF gun, perhaps a bit more tactical might be in order.