Practically Shooting

NFA forum

dnewton3

NFA= National Firearms Act

SRB= SBR= Short Barreld Rifle

MG= Machine Gun. A NFA item

SMG (Sub Gun)= Sub(caliber) Machine Gun. Typically uses pistol caliber bullets. A NFA item

EBR= Evil Black Rifle

Suppressor/Silencer= A device attached to the barrel that minimizes the noise generated by the powder charge. It does not minimize the sonic crack made by sonic speed bullets. A NFA Item.

OK, time for someone else to chime in.

Actually, 'soup covered it.

I own two suppressors (one 9mm, one .22lr).

I own two sub-machineguns (both true select-fire, which is semi-auto, or full auto.)

I really enjoy getting people into the sport of NFA stuff.

You can get a .22lr suppressor (all costs including tax stamp) for less than $500. Subsonic ammo is around $3/box of 50rnds.

I though this subforum might help those that are interested in obtaining such stuff. It would be easier to keep the discussion of the actual weapons in one folder, and the paperwork discussions in another folder.

I am not an expert, but between me and a few neighbors, we have about 8 NFA items. More to come, as well.

We have a decent knowledge of what you can and cannot do, and what to expect when dealing with the BATFE. They are not the evil force they are always made out to be. I've had many positive dealings with them over the phone and they've been very helpful. They have laws to enforce, and they take that seriously. But if you are patient, and polite, you get a lot of questions answered in a reasonable manner, with satisfaction.

Clearly we are not able to offer "legal" advice. But I can tell you what to expect, and what questions to ask, and where to turn to.

NFA ownership is goverened by Federal, State and Local laws. Some states allow none. Others are nearly wide open.