Practically Shooting

Lee micrometer adjustable charge bar

All,

I have a Lee micrometer adjustable charge bar for my Pro-Auto Disk powder measure. I reload mostly 45ACP and need between .57-.68cc volume (measured on a scale of course) of powder for my loads, depending on the powder. The micro adjustable charge bar is a great idea, but at these fairly low volumes the powder doesn't drop straight into the cavity and bridges. This makes the charge bar pretty much useless at these volumes. Does anyone else have this same bar? Have you found any work-around?

Wayne

Yep, I filed a lead into the V of the slide bar. This gave the powder a slope to slide down. Of course you have to re calibrate all your loads. I never bother with VMD's, I just weigh charges until I get the right weight and start loading. I check about every 10th charge for the first 50 and then when I think about it.

Make sure the thingy that moves the charge bar is in the proper slot. It should be in the short one at the edge of the bar.