Practically Shooting
Sign in to follow this  
BarryinIN

Kimber K6s 3”

I now have one coming.  I’ve liked the K6s since handling them at the 2016 NRA Convention.  Very nice trigger.   I already had a S&W 640, so didn’t see the point of getting a Kimber too.  At least, not for almost twice what the 640 cost.  

The 3” Kimber though, that got me thinking.  That’s a different beast. I like 3” revolvers and have had a few in various frame sizes.  They carry like a 2” and shoot like a 4”.   The 3” S&W 36 I had was probably the best example of this   

I’ve wanted to replace a 3” S&W 65 I used to have, but those are bringing a lot of money now.  I was recently in a revolver class and one of the other students had a Kimber K6s 2”.  After shooting it, I “needed” one more than I previously thought.  These facts combined to give me the push to try out a Kimber.  

The only complaint I have so far about the 3” Kimber is they didn’t put a full length ejector rod on them.  It uses the same stubby rod as the 2”.  

Why Kimber?  Why has thou forsaken me?

Kimber claims a "match-grade" trigger.

I would like very much to know what you think when yours arrives.

I "need" a .357, too...so...

I’ve handled maybe five or six of them, and all had nice triggers.  I just hope the one I’m getting sight unseen will also.  

The one I borrowed for a few shots recently was probably the best of the bunch, but he had shot several hundred rounds through it that I know of.  The others I’ve tried were brand new.

I can’t think of a direct comparison offhand.  Maybe I’d compare them to a S&W K-frame with a conservative spring kit?  Not one slicked up by a true revolver smith by any means, but better than the average stock one.   Still not a very accurate comparison because the Kimbers have a shorter pull that changes the feel.