Practically Shooting
BlueOvalFitter

M&P Over Glock

Update:  I now have an M&P 9 2.0 Compact. 

Or is it M&P Compact 2.0 9mm?

Or M&P 2.0 Compact 9?

Or...something   It’s a Glock 19-size M&P  

i don't expect a switch from steel-frame guns any time soon, but I am pretty sure my eyes will require a red dot sight in the future.  I might as well start getting used to the (probable) gun that will carry it.   The local gun shop having a “Black Friday sale if you ask for it” on used guns did me in  

I used to have an M&P 45 and didn’t think the trigger was as good, but that’s been a while.  I looked at two used “1.0” M&P 9s Friday also, and that confirmed my memory.  The 2.0 trigger action feels better to me. Not just lighter, but crisper and smoother. 

I’m seeing used old style M&Ps selling for what used Glocks sold for in the mid 90s.  Maybe it’s a good time to stick a couple away. 

2 hours ago, BarryinIN said:

I’m seeing used old style M&Ps selling for what used Glocks sold for in the mid 90s.  Maybe it’s a good time to stick a couple away. 

If you go to Google and enter "LE TRADE INS" you will see several reputable online gun shops selling LE trade in FS .40 caliber M&P's, $199-$300. I bought 2 of them. The trigger on my 2.0 is 10X better then the 1.0 trigger.

They also have G22's, G23's, and G21's, in Gen. 2-4, starting out at $239. 

That’s what I went into the shop to get that day, but he made me a deal I couldn’t refuse on the 2.0.   Otherwise, yes, for the price, everyone should be sticking away an M&P or two or three.  Even if the type doesn’t interest them, it’s one of those things we’ll regret later if we don’t.