Practically Shooting

.45ACP - my first all by myself loads

Pablo

Just recently we started to get pistol/shotgun powders here in Northern Ohio. I don't know how there could be none and then the one pound containers started showing up and then a couple of weeks later the 4 and 8 pound containers started showing up. Vihtavorie is non existent, IRM only in rifle powder, small selection of Accurate powder, full line of Alliant and most Hodgdon / Winchester powders. Lots of primers available. I drive to Pennsylvania (1-1/2 hours)to Master Cast Bullet Company and get my hard cast and Montana Gold /Berrys bullets in bulk.

That's a different list of powders than what I see in not-so-far-away Indiana.

I see a little VihtaVouri; nothing I need.

IMR I see in fast and really slow rifle, and some pistol/shotgun. Nothing between 3031 and 4831.

Some Accurate. LT32, 4064, 2460, and their really slow ones. No handgun, and no faster rifle.

Very little Alliant. Similar to IMR- Reloder 10x then jump to Rl25.

A scattering of Hodgdon. Leverevoltion, US869, 100V, Superperformance, maybe some H380 or H414. No pistol, nothing from H4895 through H4831. If a can Varget showed up, there would be a riot.

Absolutely no Ramshot at all.

Winchester not so bad in rifle. No 231 or 296.

Primers good.

For some reason the Alliant powders are always in good supply around here, and that is not just with one outdoor store. Like you, I never see Ramshot powders. I always wanted to try some VihtaVouri N320 in my 9mm loads but over the years have never seen any for sale. I have no problems with the other powers I use for 9mm but I always read about how great it is for 9mm Luger target loads.