Practically Shooting

Archery

BarryinIN

Our youngest daughter got bit by the archery big when she saw "Brave" almost three years ago. Happily, and somewhat surprisingly, it stuck. She shot in the 4-H Shooting Sports program last year (and got coaching she would actually listen to) and did ok. She now wears shirts with sayings like "I Don't Wear Bows, I Shoot Them".

I am proud. My wife is tired of tripping over archery stuff.

The side effect of this is my being drawn back into archery. Until this, the last bow I bought was for my birthday in 1978.

I've gotten lucky at a few garage sales and managed to pick up some bows; mostly recurves I lusted after decades ago. Only one cost more than $25.

Today, out of winter boredom, I dragged our bows out for a lineup picture.

L to R:

Kid bows first- Two Bear kiddie bows she stated on, a Goblin and a Scout. Then her Matthews Genesis, which she used the latter part of 4-H last year. Then her birthday and Christmas bows: a Greattree Firefox takedown recurve, and a Sky Archery Hurricane longbow.

Mine- Bear Kodiak Magnum, Bear Tigercat, Ben Pearson Cougar, Ben Pearson Javelina, and off to the right, a Bear Realtree Monster Bucks compound. I like shooting the $10 Javelina best.

• 1 month later...