Practically Shooting

Double trap with 870?

wwillson

Well..... It can be done done but you are at a real disadvantage. Chucking the pump can cause you to lose sight of the second target. It will also cause you to shoot the second target farther out. Not good.

I would go ahead and try it. I have seen some remarkable things done with an 870 on the skeet field. It's all a matter of practice. If you feel confident enough to do it, go for it.

Remember, if you can do better than just 1 other shooter that has an O/U or an Automatic, you just proved to yourself and your fellow shooters thats it's the Indian and not the Arrow.

Bahh, Ford, Chevy.... Actually,for years I used to be a regular spectator at the Grand American when it was held just up the road from me in Vandalia, and I saw a lot more P-guns than K-guns.

I am guessing that had more to do with economics than with quality though.

In International Skeet and Trap, the "P" guns are much more common. They are lighter and the triggers are much easier to repair quickly. In American Skeet, the "K" gun is the most popular with Kolar a closing second. "P" guns are a distant 3rd.

In American Skeet, weight is not a problem because you start with a "high gun". My K-80 with Briley Ultimate Ultralight tubes weighs over 10.5 pounds with the Precision Fit adjustable stock. It took some time to get used to the extra weight but now I wouldn't trade it for anything else. It really smoothed my swing out.