Practically Shooting

Range report Superior Arms AR-15

wwillson

All,

Hittman and I spent some quality time with his Superior Arms AR-15 and the 1911's in Iowa this weekend.

I haven't had the opportunity to run any quantity of ammo through his AR yet, so this weekend we each ran about 50 rounds each through through it over the course of a couple hours. I have to say that it's really a fun gun to shoot. With the stock iron sights we both could hold 4" groups at 25 yards while standing. Not great, but considering the wind, old eyes, and shooting from the standing position, I'd say pretty good.

I really liked the six position stock, which made pull length perfect for each of us, me having the shorter arms and requiring one click shorter pull. Recoil, of course, from a .223 is nill, but the muzzle blast is a tad on the loud side with an 18" barrel! With plugs and muffs, you could shoot this at prairie dogs all day and hopefully someday we will.

We shot 400 rounds of 45ACP through the 1911's before we lost the sun. Hittman made some sweet 6-10" gong targets for IDPA & USPSA practice. I gotta tell you it was a fun filled time at the range.

Wayne