Practically Shooting

Savage MK II FSS

OVERKILL

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/MARKIIFSS/

Picked up one of these today from the local shop for $250.00 smile Also grabbed one of those Remington "bucket o bullets" with 1400 rounds in it to try out this weekend.

My wife immediately became enamoured with it so it will probably become hers once she has her PAL.

Going to put a cheap Weaver on it for the weekend and see how it shoots!

PAL is the Canadian Possession and Acquisition License, you need it to buy and own guns and ammo smile

I figured for the stainless model it was a decent price. Gun worked great this weekend BTW! Quite accurate (the scope I fitted sucks but that's to be expected.... I knew it sucked going in) and of course super cheap to shoot. Got plenty of use out of the "bucket o bullets".

My only gripe is how cheap the magazine feels compared to my other Savage guns. But for the price I guess I can't complain too much. And it does function perfectly fine.

Bummer on the PAL. Figured it was something like that.

Interesting. While the only .22lr rifles that have detachable mags are the Savage and Ruger 10/22. I've felt the mags are not that bad on the Savage?

I've got a Marlin 22MAG and IMO the mag is worst on it.

But I love the tube fed rifles. Nice and smooth and nothing to lose. (except the plunger...<grin>)

Love rimfire weapons. Started with them many decades ago and will end up prob never getting rid of any of them.

Take care