Practically Shooting

Winchester Model 25

2010_FX4

Gents,

I inherited one of these and it no longer fires (some issue in the trigger group I think). I had wanted to send it to Winchester to have it repaired and "refreshed", but I see that Winchester has (more or less) stopped doing this and recommends a few shops.

This shotgun is VERY valuable to me in many ways, so I wonder if anyone is aware of a shop that specializes in Winchester Model 25's?

TIA!

There is a place in Missouri whose name escapes me now. I'll think of it. A longtime authorized Winchester repair center.

I think before I'd send it off anywhere, I'd ask around at a trap or skeet club. If I remember right, the 25 is basically a Model 12 with a fixed barrel. There should be at least one Model 12 expert at any trap or skeet club. You might get it fixed in seconds for no more than buying a round of trap.

Thanks Barry. I was actually thinking of having it redone (refinish the wood and re-blue it). But, if done by anyone other than Winchester would likely reduce the value (not that I would sell it at any point--this was my Dad's shotgun he bought brand new way back in the day). So I am a bit undecided...