Practically Shooting

FNH FS2000 Being Discontinued

BarryinIN

If anyone cares...

FN's FS2000 bullpup 5.56 is going away. No big surprise, and it's been rumored for a couple of years. I was talking to someone who was at 3 Gun Nation match in VA this past weekend, and the FN guys were saying its a fact and what few remain will be sold off relatively cheap.

So if you want one, there you go.

They have a couple of nice things about them, but are goofy in other ways IMO. No military I know of bought any significant numbers, and neither did US LE, so it was only a matter of time.

At that bullpup shoot I attended last fall, I saw two. Two total. That's one more than I saw of Tavors, and they weren't being sold here yet. I saw more High Standard models 10 and 10B shotguns.

• 2 weeks later...

At that bullpup shoot last fall, I must have seen a hundred people walking around with AUGs and several more on tables. There were several Hi-Std M10 and Moss 500 bullpups, even though neither has been made in over 20 years. Quite a few 10/22 conversions. A few KelTec RFBs. The Bushmaster M17 was almost a joke, but I may have seen as many as 15 of them. Bolt actions from .260 to .50 BMG. Even a Tavor when it was the only one in the country.

The FS 2000? The bullpup that maybe had the best promotions after the AUG? Even after FN assembled a bunch from parts a couple years back and they were sold by CDNN for around half price? There in bullpup heaven, I must have seen lots of those, right?

I saw two. Two guys walking around together (looked like they were brothers) had one each.

Really, that was surprising, because there are more out there than that. Even I know of two in captivity, although they are 200 miles apart.. But it was interesting to see them so sparsely represented.

Still, the mystery is: How did it survive so long?