Practically Shooting

1940 MARLIN MODEL 81 BE.

TOFINOtom

Was doing a repair job on a friends boat,. he asked if i could do a little detail. knowing my love affair with guns of all types,he said he could pay for the EXTRA with an OLD .22. it was an old marlin,covered in dust but no dents or dings on the wood or tube magazine. took it home,wd-40 released the bolt.(SOMEONE FILLED THE BARREL WITH OILand STUFFED IN A RAG). the bore was spotless and sharp. i lightly sanded off the old finish,spent 2 weeks,watching t.v. on our rainy winter nights hand rubbing the stock with double boiled linseed oil. it has an oversized walnut stock,hooded front sight and rear factory sight.The most accurate 22rimfire rounds in her are american 38gr.hollow points. i have tried win.T-22/ green tag etc. but the cheap hollow points work best. last offer i refused is $450.told the young lady at the club she could buy a brand new RUGER 10-22 and have money left over, she said,BUT YOUR NEW GUN(72 years new)is so nice.(WHATEVER NICE MEANS). i have been outshot by fellows with anschultzs target rifles but i did not pay $1000 bucks.if you read any of my other posts to day(JUST joined) you will realize i am CHEAP!!! need to save money for gas for my bargain boat(Another great story) TOFINOtom