Practically Shooting

pics of my new Galil scope mount

I finally got my hands on an original throw lever mount for my Galil. These things are TOUGH to find!

There are a few different designs, but this is the one that has the M16 style carry handle rail. I was lucky to find this one as it is probably the most versatile since there are many optics and adapters available in the US for the M16 carry handle rail.

I used a M16-to-Trilux adapter and an Israeli Trilux SUIT. With my cheek firmly planted on the stock, with my right eye I can see down the iron sights and my left eye is right in position to use the Trilux. It feels a little strange, but I think it will work great with a little practice.

Wow, I hadn't even thought about the Trilux in a while. Has anyone ever asked if it was upside down (because of the aiming post coming from the top)?

Looks pretty good and natural on there. Had I only read about you using the M16 adapter in there, I would have wondered how it looked, but I can see it all blended together pretty well.

I never thought about it, but I guess that would be a scarce mount.