Practically Shooting

AR-15 Vltor Emod Stock Review

shooter250

The video locked up on my iPhone right about the mid-point so I guess I'll catch the rest later.

Other than the added storage compartment and changes to the buttplate shape/construction, are there any other changes from the original VLTOR stock? Do the battery compartments come off and swap with other things like on the old one (shorter compartments, streamlined cover, etc)?

I have the older style and like it. The only thing I've wished it had was a place to stow an Allen wrench, which the Emod has. (The swappable batt compartments are retained by Allen head screws, and if the screws are there it should have had a place to stow a wrench IMO.)

One more question- I doubt it from the looks of it, but is there any chance a spare bolt will fit in that storage compartment?

A lot of AR breakages I see are bolt-related, and could be quickly fixed on Tge spot by installing a spare bolt. So I carry a spare bolt in a VFG because they don't weigh much and can solve a few problems like that. I'd like to go to a stubby VFG but a bolt won't fit. If I had another cubbyhole in the stock, I could stow the bolt there.

Nice review (the half I saw!).

I see you haven't had the stock long, since it doesn't have paint, tape, 550 cord, and other "personalizations" that seem to come with time.

The two tube battery compartments are removable.

I doubt a spare bolt will fit in the storage compartment. Have you looked and magpul pistol grips before. I have one, I think it the the MOE. The bottom of the pistol grip is removable to access storage. Magpul sells several bases for the pistol grips. Mine is designed to hold a spare bolt and a spare firing pin. This will allow you to use whatever forward vertical grip you want.

That is all the changes that I know about.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the video.