Practically Shooting

Double Barrel 1911 - Arsenal Firearms

wwillson

"...will knock down a bull...".

Bull what? Two bullets at once or not, I'm not taking a .45 ACP after Cape Buffalo or a bull elephant. Or a Charolais bull.

It's still a heck of a piece of work.

I'd like to see the doubled up P-210 they talk about. Who decides to start cutting on a $2000+ P-210? Let alone two?

When I get home, I'll try to calculate the recoil in ft lbs. It will take some estimation of gun weight, but it should come close.

I would guess it would be in the .44 Mag range. A 230@875 fps, times two, will be more than 240@1400 fps, but this gun should weigh more than most .44 Mags. But we'll see.

I wondered that too. Unless two frames are used and the serial number is damaged/mutilated on one. Sometimes exemptions are granted if the SN is moved with prior approval. For example, some HiPowers have the SN on the front strap, but the ATFE has given the OK to mark it elsewhere for checkering or stippling.

In this case though, you would end up with two serial numbers on one gun, which would be odd at the least.

If they split one frame and add a filler, this is all moot.

I would think the smiths would know the legalities before starting the work (or publicizing it) but I've been wrong there before. I know of one supposedly sharp gunsmith who, a few years ago, was chopping rifles to pistol size without the foggiest idea he was making illegal guns.

If it has two triggers, even if they are side by side, I think it should be OK. The wording is "...with each pull of the trigger...". I guess each trigger is pulled just once and gives one shot. This is how the springy rapid fire devices get away with it- you pull the trigger once, even though the device twitches multiple times. I think that would apply here if it applies there IF there are two triggers.

I wonder if you could design a gun with a row of triggers. Stagger them so that only one is contacted every few thousandths of travel, and get a bangbangbangbang with each press.

Pictured are two triggers. I'm no gun law expert, so maybe you are correct and I'm over reading the law and the copy...it says this:

Quote:
double hammer with single spur, double independent or single trigger.

So if you get the single trigger version, maybe that would not be legal in the US?